Less than 12,000 people showed up at Tropicana Field to Monday's Rays and Blue Jays game. At 11,968, it was the third smallest crowd of the 2010 season. We have the top ten reasons why people don't go to the Rays game.
You do realize the Rays are in the middle of a pennant chase, right? They have been in a tie for first place in the AL East with the New York Yankees for eight straight days. They have the best record in Major League Baseball.
And still, you do not go.
So, with that, we're going to offer the top ten reasons we hear for not heading out to Tropicana Field:
- No. 10 -- Those cowbells are more annoying than the vuvuzela.
- No. 9 -- The stadium sucks -- catwalks, fake grass, and a roof for the love of Pete.
- No. 8 -- It should have been built in Tampa (aka I hate Piniellas County).
- No. 7 -- They just want my money (aka I hate Vince Naimoli).
- No. 6 -- There are better things to do -- beaches and theme parks!
- No. 5 -- It's too far, takes too much time to get there, and those bridges are very scary.
- No. 4 -- I can watch from the comfort of my own home -- and get replays.
- No. 3 -- My team is the Yankees (or the Phillies, or the Cubs, or the Red Sox).
- No. 2 -- The bad economy - gotta work late/can't afford to go/concessions are a ripoff.
- No. 1 -- All of the above.
Please feel free to chime in on any or all of the above.