The hunt to be in the playoffs is a distant memory for the Jaguars, Dolphins and Buccaneers, but the last two games of the season will certainly matter for each. Disappointing play at the quarterback position played a hand in the poor seasons for both the Jaguars and Buccaneers, so Week 16 games against the Patriots and Rams will help both continue to evaluate the position.
For the Dolphins, though, the final two games aren't about evaluating the quarterback position, as they have to be pleased with the strong rookie season of Ryan Tannehill. Continuation of that development and consistent improvement to finish the season is instead the goal, and the team can get that on Sunday against the the Buffalo Bills.
After just two more games for the Jaguars, Dolphins and Buccaneers, the offseason will go into full effect, so the season will end for both with little more than talent evaluation.
Here's the full NFL schedule for Week 16, all times are Eastern.
Saturday, Dec. 22
Sunday, Dec. 23
- Titans vs. Packers, 1 p.m., CBS
- Bills vs. Dolphins, 1 p.m., CBS
- Raiders vs. Panthers, 1 p.m., CBS
- Chargers vs. Jets, 1 p.m., CBS
- Vikings vs. Texans, 1 p.m., FOX
- Bengals vs. Steelers, 1 p.m., CBS
- Patriots vs. Jaguars, 1 p.m., CBS
- Colts vs. Chiefs, 1 p.m., CBS
- Saints vs. Cowboys, 1 p.m., FOX
- Redskins vs. Eagles, 1 p.m., FOX
- Rams vs. Buccaneers, 1 p.m., FOX
- Browns vs. Broncos, 4:05 p.m., CBS
- Giants vs. Ravens, 4:25 p.m., FOX
- Bears vs. Cardinals, 4:25 p.m. FOX
- 49ers vs. Seahawks, 8:20 p.m. NBC