Super Bowl Sunday is upon us, and that means two things: football...and food. Lots and lots of food. Right, and the football. Chips and dips are a staple, but why not spice up your dip this year. Try the buffalo chicken dip below - you will not be disappointed. You also won't have any left after 30 minutes, so make sure to dip (and dip again) early and often.
Buffalo Chicken Dip (via The Girl Who Ate Everything)
What you will need from your kitchen/pantry:
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked chicken. The chicken will need to be shredded.
- one package of softened cream cheese
- Ranch dressing, just 1/2 cup
- Buffalo wing sauce, 1/2 cup of your favorite variety. The hotness of the dip is entirely up to you.
- Cheeses: Cheddar cheese, shredded, 3/4 cup. And if you want, some blue cheese crumbles
- Heat chicken and Buffalo sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Make sure to break up the chicken so there are no big chunks. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in shredded cheese. Pour into a shallow dish or pie pan and sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles and microwave it until the cheese melts. We usually only sprinkle blue cheese on half of it for those who aren't blue cheese fans. Serve with chips for dipping.
Super Bowl XLVI is scheduled to kick off at 6:29 P.M. ET, and the game will be televised nationally on NBC. The network will also be streaming the game live, for free, at NBCSports.com. Eating can commence at any time you would like.
For more on the Patriots and their Super Bowl run, check out SB Nation's Patriots blog,Pats Pulpit as well as SB Nation Boston. For more on the Giants and their Super Bowl appearance, visit Giants blog Big Blue View and SB Nation New York. For all news and information regarding Super Bowl XLVI, please stay tuned to SB Nation's dedicated Super Bowl hub.