Davis Love III and Brandt Snedeker have a two-stroke lead, but four pairs are behind them by four strokes or fewer.
The team of Davis Love III and Brandt Snedeker lead after the first round of the 2012 Franklin Templeton shootout. The pair shot 10-under in the first, alternate-shot round, putting them two strokes ahead of Sean O'Hair and Kenny Perry. A tie has developed for third place, with three teams at 6-under. Greg Norman, the host of the event, came in last. A complete leaderboard is below.
The second round of the tournament takes place on Saturday, with a best-ball format replacing the alternate-shot style of play. Each player will play through the hole on their own ball, and the better score will be recorded for the team.
- 1. Davis Love III & Brandt Snedeker -10
- 2. Sean O'Hair & Kenny Perry -8
- T3. Jason Dufner & Vijay Singh -6
- T3. Bud Cauley & Rickie Fowler -6
- T3. Charles Howell III & Rory Sabbatini -6
- T6. Keegan Bradley & Brendan Steele -5
- T6. Dustin Johnson & Ian Poulter -5
- T6. Stewart Cink & Carl Pettersson -5
- 9. Jerry Kelly & Steve Stricker -4
- T10. Justin Leonard & Scott Verplank -2
- T10. Mark Calcavecchia & Mike Weir -2 - - 18 -2
- 12. Fredrik Jacobson & Greg Norman E - - 18 E