On Wednesday, Thomas returned to the practice field for the first time since that second concussion. He passed the NFL-mandated cognitive test on Monday and will play with an oversized helmet, according to The Miami Herald.
Despite the risks to his long-term health, Thomas is not worried.
When asked if he was concerned about the potential long-term risks associated with multiple concussions, Thomas said, "not at all."
"You’ve just got to keep playing," he said. "You can’t worry about them. I’m not a doctor, so you’ve got to ask [them]."
The 24-year-old Thomas has played in just four of the team's six games in 2012. He sat out last week's win over the St. Louis Rams because of his concussion.
On the field, his season has gotten off to a slow start. Thomas has just 113 rushing yards and two touchdowns in a backup role to Reggie Bush.