Chris Humphreys-US PRESSWIRE
Miami Heat forward LeBron James has the NBA's most popular jersey according to sales figures at the NBA Store in New York City and NBAStore.com.
Miami Heat forward LeBron James once again has the best selling NBA jersey, according to Tom Rotunno of CNBC. This is the third time James has had the best-selling jersey and its the first time that he's had the most popular jersey since April 2011. Fellow Heat guard Dwyane Wade came in at No. 7.
The popularity list, published twice a year, is based on sales at the NBA Store in New York City and on NBAStore.com from April 2012 through Nov. 26, 2012. James was ranked No. 4 in the most recent rankings. Rounding out the top five are Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant, Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant, Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose (who was No. 1 in the last popularity list), and New York Knicks guard Carmelo Anthony.
As for team merchandise, the Knicks are the most popular for the first time since Dec. 2004. The Heat are No. 2 with the Lakers at No. 3, the Bulls at No. 4 and the Boston Celtics at No. 5. A complete list of the top 15 most popular jerseys and the top 10 most popular teams are below.
Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys
- LeBron James, Miami Heat
- Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
- Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
- Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
- Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics
- Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
- Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
- Dwight Howard, Los Angeles Lakers
- Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
- Deron Williams, Brooklyn Nets
- Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Steve Nash, Los Angeles Lakers
- Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics
- Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks
Top Ten Most Popular Team Merchandise
- New York Knicks
- Miami Heat
- Los Angeles Lakers
- Chicago Bulls
- Boston Celtics
- Oklahoma City Thunder
- Brooklyn Nets
- Los Angeles Clippers
- San Antonio Spurs
- Dallas Mavericks