Earlier this week reports started to emerge that the Orlando Magic were pulling Dwight Howard off of the trade block and he would no loner be available to the other 29 teams in the league. According to the team's President of Basketball Operations, via our very busy Orlando Pinstriped Post, that may not be the case.
The ongoing trade drama surrounding the Orlando Magic and Dwight Howard took another strange turn Wednesday afternoon. First, the organization refuted a Yahoo! Sports report that it had stopped listening to trade offers for Howard. "That's not where we are," Otis Smith, the team's President of Basketball Operations, told Josh Robbins. "What we’ve basically said is we don’t feel like we have to trade him today. We’re going to continue to look and explore opportunities. Actually, I don’t know if anything changed in my mind."
It seems like the Magic are just trying to drive the price up on Howard as far as it can go, and now that Chris Paul has been traded the market seems to be set. The magic will likely ask for the world for Dwight, and they might get it if they continue to hold out.