The usual suspense of drivers fighting for the last remaining spots in the Indianapolis 500 was absent from 2012 "Bump Day", as all 33 racers have qualified for the field. The only thing at stake was positioning and more practice in anticipation of the race on May 27.
Here is the results of the day's qualifying along with the drivers' top speeds.
25. Sebastien Bourdais, 223.760 mph
26. Wade Cunningham, 223.258 mph
27. Oriol Servia, 222.393 mph
28. Ed Carpenter, 222.324 mph
29. Mike Conway, 222.319 mph
30. Katherine Legge, 221.624 mph
31. Bryan Clauson, 214.455 mph
32. Simona de Silvestro, 214.393 mph
33. Jean Alesi, 210.904 mph
Of local interest, Ryan Hunter-Reay of Ft. Lauderdale was able to qualify in Row 1 of the field on Saturday. This is the highest position that he has ever started in the Indy 500.
For more updates on the Indy 500, stay tuned to this StoryStream. For more on Indy racing including the 2012 Indianapolis 500, please visit Pop Off Valve.