The team of Davis Love III and Brandt Snedeker lead after the first round of the 2012 Franklin Templeton shootout. The pair shot 10-under in the first, alternate-shot round, putting them two strokes ahead of Sean O'Hair and Kenny Perry. A tie has developed for third place, with three teams at 6-under. Greg Norman, the host of the event, came in last. A complete leaderboard is below.
The second round of the tournament takes place on Saturday, with a best-ball format replacing the alternate-shot style of play. Each player will play through the hole on their own ball, and the better score will be recorded for the team.
- 1. Davis Love III & Brandt Snedeker -10
- 2. Sean O'Hair & Kenny Perry -8
- T3. Jason Dufner & Vijay Singh -6
- T3. Bud Cauley & Rickie Fowler -6
- T3. Charles Howell III & Rory Sabbatini -6
- T6. Keegan Bradley & Brendan Steele -5
- T6. Dustin Johnson & Ian Poulter -5
- T6. Stewart Cink & Carl Pettersson -5
- 9. Jerry Kelly & Steve Stricker -4
- T10. Justin Leonard & Scott Verplank -2
- T10. Mark Calcavecchia & Mike Weir -2 - - 18 -2
- 12. Fredrik Jacobson & Greg Norman E - - 18 E