Tiger Woods will be handsomely rewarded for winning the 2013 WGC-Cadillac Championship on Sunday. After shooting 19-under over four days, he will take home a shade over $1.44 million of a $8.75 million purse. For putting up a valiant 4-under effort Sunday but falling two strokes short, Steve Stricker will take home just under $870,000.
The four golfers who finished in a tie for third place will each earn the average of what would have been given to the outright third, fourth, fifth and sixth place finishers, which comes out to about a respectable $390,000.
After the tournament, Woods move from eighth place to second place among the 2013 money leaders. He is approximately $190,000 behind Brandt Snedeker, who still holds the top spot despite being forced to sit out the tournament at Doral due to a rib injury. Steve Stricker moved up to fourth place from 12th place on the money list.
Here's the exact prize money breakdown for the Top 10 finishers:
1) Tiger Woods - $1,441,176.47
2) Steve Stricker - $869,852.94
t3) Adam Scott - $391,433.82
t3) Sergio Garcia - $391,433.82
t3) Phil Mickelson - $391,433.82
t3) Graeme McDowell - $391,433.82
7) Keegan Bradley - $247,058.82
t8) Rory McIlroy - $169,852.94
t8) Justin Rose - $169,852.94
t8) Peter Hanson - $169,852.94
t8) Michael Thompson - $169,852.94
Figures from golfblogger.co.uk.
More from SB Nation:
• Vote for the best GIF of the week
• Swimsuit model Alyssa Miller joins The Halfy Hour
• Just how powerful is Roger Goodell?
• Bracketology: No. 1 seeds face tough tests in stretch run
• Are advanced stats good for fans?
• NFL Mock Draft: New names rising in first round