During Coach Holtz' first press conference yesterday, he noted that seven players will be withheld from practice this Spring due to injury. They are:
- S Jerrell Young (Stress Fracture in Leg)
- WR Lindsey Lamar (Shoulder Surgery)
- CB Ricardo Dixon (Back Injury)
- RB Bradley Battles (Torn ACL)
- OL Jake Kaufman (Back Injury)
- TE Andreas Shields (Back Injury)
- FB/TE Jeff Hawkins (Torn ACL)
Of the seven, Lamar, Young, and Shields all played a lot of snaps for USF. Shields looked to start at TE after Kevin Gidrey exhausted his eligibility, and Lamar and Young are both entrenched as starters, and should retain their place on the depth chart when fall practice starts.
Hawkins and Dixon had a chance to compete for playing time at relatively thin positions. FB is so thin right now that former LB Armando Sanchez has moved to FB to compensate.
Battles and Kaufman were role players without much of a chance to compete for a playing position this year.
For more USF football coverage, make sure to head over to Voodoo Five.