We're just about two and a half hours away from kickoff between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the visiting Indianapolis Colts. For Raheem Morris and the Bucs, their Week 4 appearance on Monday Night Football represents an opportunity to showcase the organization's impressive progress to a national audience against a Colts team that's still trying to find its way without Peyton Manning. For the Colts, Monday night represents the beginning of the Curtis Painter experiment, and an opportunity to get in the win column after losing their first three games to start the season.
While we wait for kickoff from Raymond Jones Stadium in Tampa, here's a few facts and figures for each squad heading into their Week 4 showdown:
- Host 1st MNF game since 11/24/03 (TB 19, NYG 13). Have won 5 of past 7 at home on Mon.
- QB Josh Freeman has won 4 of past 5 starts. In career, when Freeman starts & has 100+ rating, Bucs are 7-1. Had rush TD last week.
- RB LeGarrette Blount had 24 carries for 81 yards vs. Atl. Bucs have won 6 of 7 games when Blount has 18+ att.
- RB Earnest Graham has team-best 20 catches & ties for 3rd in NFL among RBs.
- WR Mike Williams has 5 TDs in past 6. Has 5+ catches in 3 of 4 career games vs. AFC & has 2 rec. TDs
- WR Preston Parker leads team with 153 rec. yards.
- TE Kellen Winslow has catch in 79 games in row.
- CB Ronde Barber has started 186 consecutive games, most by CB in NFL history. Had INT last week. Only player in NFL history with 25+ sacks (26) & 40+ INTs (41). In last MNF game vs. Ind. (10/6/03), had 29-yard INT-TD. Aims for 3rd MNF game in row with INT.
- Rookie DE Adrian Clayborn had sack & FF in Week 3.
- Club has won 9 of past 10 games on MNF...Colts are 6-2 vs. NFC under head coach Jim Caldwell.
- QB Kerry Collins (40,922) needs 78 passing yards to become 10th player in NFL history to reach 41,000. Since '08, is 5-0 as starter vs. NFC.
- RB Joseph Addai gained season-best 86 rushing yards last week on 17 carries (5.1 avg.) with 1 TD. In past 2 vs. NFC, Addai averages 110 rush yards per game (220 total).
- WR Reggie Wayne (10,944) needs 56 receiving yards to reach 11,000 career. In past 4 vs. NFC, Wayne is averaging 112.5 receiving yards per game (450 total).
- DE Dwight Freeney had 2 sacks & 1 FF last week. Freeney (97) needs 3 sacks to reach 100 career. Aims for 3rd straight game with FF.
- DE Robert Mathis registered sack, FF & FR last game.
- Rookie S JOE LEFEGED (undrafted free agent) posted 1st career INT last week